Come party at the museum! Birthdays are a blast at Carnegie Museum of Natural History, and are now available in THREE sensational themes!
Pick your theme!
Rock Star! NEW
Party Like a Paleontologist
Egyptian Royalty Party
What’s included in a basic party
- 1 hour use of a private party space in a museum classroom
- 30 minutes of themed games and activities with an energetic and friendly Museum Educator
- Decorations, candles, cups, plates, napkins, cutlery, music, drinks (punch and water), and chips and pretzels
- Same-day admission to Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History for all your party guests
Parties are for any combination of children and adults up to 25 guests; additional guests can be added for $10/person, up to a total of 35 people.
Pricing and Registration
Basic Parties are $375 non-member / $350 members
Birthday parties are designed for children ages 4–12 and must be booked at least four weeks in advance.
Party times are available Saturdays and Sundays year-round at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. (except major holidays); call 412.622.3288 or email ProgramRegistration@carnegiemuseums.org to see if your choice of date and time is available.
Party time can be extended by purchasing the next party time slot, but no additional programming is provided.
Please book at least 4 weeks in advance; catering orders can be placed no later than 2 weeks from the party.
Want something extra for your big day?
What about a Private Overnight? Book the museum for a sleepover birthday party and spend the night making memories with help from our experienced and enthusiastic museum educators as they guide you through 3 hours of overnight activities that YOU get to select!
- NEW! Meet-and-greet with Spiny! Want to have a party that everyone is talking about? Invite Spiny, a friendly yet realistic looking 15-foot-long interactive Spinosaurus puppet! Cost: Basic party fee + $250
- LIMITED TIME ONLY Fly with the Pterosaurs! You and your guests can enjoy unique pterosaur-themed activities connected to Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs, on view in R.P. Simmons Family Gallery—you may even get to face off in a pterosaur glider competition! Available for parties taking place between January 30 and May 22 ONLY! Cost: basic party fee + $100
- Meet-and-greet with Rexie the Tyrannosaurus rex Costume Character! Cost: Basic party fee + $100
- Live Animal Encounter in Earth Theater! Cost: Basic party fee + $100
Cake and ice cream. Catering options are available for cake and/or pizza for an additional fee, detailed below. At least three birthday adults to attend for a party of up to 25 people.
Please don't bring
- Anything that needs to be taped onto a surface
Birthday Catering Options
$40 per cake—9” wide x 3” high, and serves 20
Choice of chocolate or vanilla batter
Dinosaur graphic and text “Happy Birthday”
(Cake is not gluten-free)
$16 per pizza + $5 one-time delivery fee—14” pizza, cut into 8 slices
Choice of cheese or pepperoni pizza
All food orders must be placed 2 weeks prior to event.
Sample Party Schedule
(based upon a 1 p.m. party schedule)
||Earliest time Party Parents/Guardians and Birthday Child will be permitted into the party room
||Guests arrive to party
||Activities and games in party room with Museum Educator
||Party room handed over to party parents/hosts (Time for eating cake and snacks, singing, opening presents, etc.)
||Party in room is over, children are given small party favors, guests are led by Educator to exhibition area
||Party parents/guardians must remove all belongings from party room; no storage in room is available. Museum Educator can provide a rolling cart for you to take belongings out to your car.