Annals of Carnegie Museum
Annals of Carnegie Museum is a quarterly journal that publishes peer-reviewed short and medium-length original scientific contributions in organismal biology, earth sciences, and anthropology, in 40 by 52.5 pica format (168 by 220 mm or 6-5/8 by 8-5/8 inches). Subject matter must be relevant to Carnegie Museum of Natural History scientific sections or Powdermill Nature Reserve (PNR), preferably with connection to the Carnegie collection and/or personnel. Carnegie Museum staff and research associates receive publication priority, but others are encouraged to submit papers, especially those manuscripts explicitly based on the Carnegie collection. Direct inquires regarding the appropriateness of a specific contribution to the editors, J.R. Wible (WibleJ@carnegiemnh.org) or J.E. Rawlins (RawlinsJ@carnegiemnh.org).
Number of Issues per Year: 4
Volume 82, Number 2, 31 December 2013--$22.50 + s/h
- Review of Acutipula crane flies of Taiwan, with descriptions of new species and immature instars (Diptera: Tipulidae: Tipulinae: Tipula). Chen W. Young, Yan Li, Wen-Chen Chu, and Huai-Sheng Fang.
- New species of ground beetles of the genus Dolichoctis Schmidt-Goebel, subgenus Spinidolichoctis Baehr, from the Papuan and Oriental regions (Insecta, Coleoptera: Carabidae: Lebiinae). Martin Baehr.
- An annotated and illustrated catalogue of Solnhofen (Upper Jurassic, Germany) pterosaur specimens at Carnegie Museum of Natural History. David W. E. Hone, Michael B. Habib, and Matthew C. Lamanna.
- A transect for reproductive compatibility and evidence for a "hybrid sink" in a hybrid zone of Hyalophora (Insecta: Lepidoptera: Saturniidae). Michael M. Collins and John E. Rawlins.
Volume 82, Number 1, 26 December 2013--$22.50 + s/h
- On the cranial osteology of the African palm civet, Nandinia binotata (Gray, 1830) (Mammalia, Carnivora, Feliformia). John R. Wible and Michelle Spaulding.
The next issue is Volume 82, Number 3, 2014
Click here to view the Index to Past Volumes
Authors' Guide Online
For instructions and stylistic guidelines for manuscript submissions to Annals of Carnegie Museum, please download the Authors' Guide (Adobe PDF).
Institutional, $90.00 (USA), $125.00 (International)
Individual, $60.00 (USA), $90.00 (International)
Shipping and Handling
USA: $7.50 for first issue + $1.00 for each additional issue
International: $18.00 for first issue + $1.00 for each additional issue
Click here for printable publication order form.
Click here for our claims policy regarding replacement publications.
Some back issues as well as reprints of individual articles are available. Please contact us for more information.
Office of Scientific Publications
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
4400 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15213-4080 USA