Annals of Carnegie Museum
Annals of Carnegie Museum is a quarterly journal that publishes peer-reviewed short and medium-length original scientific contributions in organismal biology, earth sciences, and anthropology, in 40 by 52.5 pica format (168 by 220 mm or 6-5/8 by 8-5/8 inches). Subject matter must be relevant to Carnegie Museum of Natural History scientific sections or Powdermill Nature Reserve (PNR), preferably with connection to the Carnegie collection and/or personnel. Carnegie Museum staff and research associates receive publication priority, but others are encouraged to submit papers, especially those manuscripts explicitly based on the Carnegie collection. Direct inquires regarding the appropriateness of a specific contribution can be sent to the editors, J. R. Wible (WibleJ@carnegiemnh.org) or J. E. Rawlins (RawlinsJ@carnegiemnh.org).
Number of Issues per Year: 4
Volume 84, Number 1, 31 December 2016--$22.50 + s/h
- A new species of Phyllophaga (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Melolonthinae) from the Dominican Republic. Robert A. Androw.
- Decline of the land snail Anguispira alternata (Pulmonata: Discidae) in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. Timothy A. Pearce and Chelsea D. Arnold.
- Description and phylogenetic position of a new (singleton) species of Oreobates Jiménez De La Espada, 1872 (Anura: Craugastoridae) from the Yungas of Cochabamba, Bolivia. Jörn Köhler and José M. Padial.
- Reevaluation of the age and provenance of the giant Palmichnium kosinskiorum eurypterid trackway, from Elk County, Pennsylvania. David K. Brezinski and Albert D. Kollar.
- A remarkable new genus and species of ghost moth from Peru (Lepidoptera: Exoporia: Hepialidae). John R. Grehan and John E. Rawlins.
- New Eocene Crabs from Nigeria (Decapoda: Brachyura: Heterotremata). Carrie E. Schweitzer, Chukwuemeka F. R. Odumodu, and Rodney M. Feldmann.
- A new genus of cylindrodontid rodent from the Chadronian (late Eocene) of southwestern Montana and a reassessment of the genus Pseudocylindrodon Burke, 1935. William W. Korth and Alan R. Tabrum.
Volume 83, Number 4, 31 August 2016--$22.50 + s/h
- A new species of Telmatobius Wiegmann, 1834, from the Eastern Cordillera Central of the Andes, Peru (Anura: Telmatobiidae), with description of its tadpole, and range extension of T. mendelsoni De la Riva et al., 2012. Alex Ttito, Caroll Z. Landauro, Pablo Venegas, Ignacio De la Riva, and Juan C. Chaparro.
- Small mammals from three mountain ranges in nuclear Central America. John O. Matson, Ralph P. Eckerlin, Sergío G. Pérez Consuegra, and Nicté Ordóñez-Garza.
- Pelycosaurian-grade (Amniota: Synapsida) footprints from the Lower Permian Dunkard Group of Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Spencer G. Lucas, Albert D. Kollar, David S Berman, and Amy C. Henrici.
- The fleas (Siphonaptera) of West Virginia. Ralph P. Eckerlin.
- Fleas (Siphonaptera: Pygiopsyllomorpha) of Papua New Guinea and Papua Province (Indonesia). Part IV. Rectidigitus (Stivaliidae: Stivaliinae), description of four new species. Michael W. Hastriter.
- Index to Volume 83.
- Erratum 1.
- Erratum 2.
Volume 83, Number 3, 10 February 2016--$22.50 + s/h
- Anatomy of the pedal skeleton of the Hispaniolan solenodon, Solenodon paradoxus Brandt, 1833 (Mammalia, Lipotyphla, Solenodontidae). John R. Wible and Elijah M. Hughes.
- A new species of the Pristimantis conspicillatus group from the Peruvian Amazon (Anura: Craugastoridae). José M. Padial, Giussepe Gagliardi-Urrutia, Juan C. Chaparro, and Roberto C. Gutiérrez.
- Lipotyphla, Chiroptera, Lagomorpha, and Rodentia (Mammalia) from Observation Quarry, earliest Barstovian (Miocene), Dawes County, Nebraska. William W. Korth and Robert L. Evander.
Volume 83, Number 2, 15 November 2015--$22.50 + s/h
- A new squat lobster (Decapoda: Anomura: Galatheoidea) from the Pliocene Purisima Formation, California. Rodney M. Feldmann, Carrie E. Schweitzer, and Robert W. Boessenecker.
- Morphological variation among broad-clawed shrews (Mammalia: Eulipotyphla: Soricidae: Cryptotis Pomel, 1848) from highlands of western Honduras, with descriptions of three new cryptic species. Neal Woodman.
- Fleas (Siphonaptera: Pygiopsyllomorpha) of Papua New Guinea and Papua Province (Indonesia). Part III. Traubia Smit, 1953 (Stivaliidae: Stivaliinae), description of eight new species and two new subgenera. Michael W. Hastriter.
- The braincase assigned to the ornithopod dinosaur Uteodon McDonald, 2011, reassigned to Dryosaurus Marsh, 1894: implications for iguanodontian morphology and taxonomy. Kenneth Carpenter and Matthew C. Lamanna.
Volume 83, Number 1, 15 May 2015--$22.50 + s/h
- Mammalian petrosal from the Upper Jurassic Morrison Formation of Fruita, Colorado. Elijah M. Hughes, John R. Wible, Michelle Spaulding, and Zhe-Xi Luo.
- New rodent material from the John Day Formation (Arikareean, middle Oligocene to early Miocene) of Oregon. William W. Korth and Joshua X. Samuels.
The next issue is Volume 84, Number 2, 2017
Click here to view the Index to Past Volumes
Authors' Guide Online
For instructions and stylistic guidelines for manuscript submissions to Annals of Carnegie Museum, please download the Authors' Guide (Adobe PDF).
Institutional, $90.00 (USA), $125.00 (International)
Individual, $60.00 (USA), $90.00 (International)
Shipping and Handling
USA: $7.50 for first issue + $1.00 for each additional issue
International: $18.00 for first issue + $1.00 for each additional issue
Click here for printable publication order form.
Click here for our claims policy regarding replacement publications.
Some back issues as well as reprints of individual articles are available. Please contact us for more information.
Office of Scientific Publications
Edward O'Neil Research Center
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
5800 Baum Blvd., Pittsburgh PA 15206 USA