- This event has passed.
June Nature Crawl (21+)
June 10, 2022, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
At the Museum
Looking for something fun and new to do in Pittsburgh?
See the museum in a new light! Join museum staff on a 21+ self-guided crawl through all of the natural history galleries. Enjoy drop-in style activities including chats with scientific experts, tours, animal meet and greets, and more. Join in as many activities as you like to customize your own Nature Crawl experience. Whether you enjoy engaging with scientists, solving scavenger hunt clues, or just being in the museum after hours, Nature Crawl has something for you.
Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and light snacks will be available for purchase. Registration includes one pre-paid drink voucher.
- Test your knowledge about colors, light, and parts of the spectrum you cannot see! Dr. Travis Olds will help you see infrared, ultraviolet, X-rays, and even gamma rays.
- Half of all snail species are less than 1/8 inch (3 mm). Find and pick out minute land snails from a northern Alabama stream drift sample with Dr. Tim Pearce.
- Talk to museum educator Jo Tauber to learn how your electronic devices impact our planet and what you can do to help.
- Join artist and waterbear (tardigrade) enthusiast Asia Ward in an evening viewing, discussing, and drawing live tardigrades found in Ward’s backyard.
- Chat with Eastern Woodlands archaeologist Kristina Gaugler to learn about the types of natural materials and tools that were made by Indigenous peoples in this region.
Pre-registration is required.
Friday, June 10, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Please note: For your safety and the safety of those around you, all those attending this event must be fully vaccinated and show proof of Covid-19 vaccination (final vaccine must be dated at least 14 days prior to the event) at their time of entry with a valid ticket. Proof of vaccination can be shown via the physical card, a photo of your card, or digital vaccination passport apps. In addition, a face mask that covers both the nose and mouth is recommendedunless guests are eating or drinking. Guests who do not adhere to the vaccination requirement or follow posted safety guidelines or instructions from staff will be asked to leave the premises. Failure to comply with this policy or rude or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated Please see our Visitor Conduct Policy for more information.