Get ready for one of the coolest birthday parties Pittsburgh has to offer!
Pittsburgh families can enjoy special programming, a private party room, and a day exploring a millennia of natural history for a birthday experience you can only get at Carnegie Museum of Natural History. Explore the prehistoric world of dinosaurs, write like an ancient Egyptian princess, or have a blast with blacklights at Carnegie Museum of Natural History birthday parties. Birthday parties are designed for kids ages 7–12 and must be booked at least four weeks in advance. All parties include decorations, candles, cups, plates, napkins, cutlery, music, drinks (punch and water), chips, and pretzels.
Classic Birthday Party
- Classic birthday parties are held during regular museum operating hours and include unguided access to public exhibitions and activities.
- Same-day general admission tickets for up to 25 party guests.
- 1-hour use of a private birthday party space, including 30 minutes of themed games and activities with an energetic and friendly museum educator.
- Price: $375 (Members $350).
- $50 nonrefundable deposit due at time of reservation
Classic Birthday Party Themes
Party like a paleontologist with our dinosaur birthday parties! Pittsburgh is home to one of the best dinosaur halls in the country where you can explore, dig for fossils, and learn about paleontology!
Rock Star Birthday
Pittsburgh kids can be rock stars at the museum! Explore cosmic lighting, amazing minerals, and all things glow-in-the-dark at Carnegie Museum’s Rock Star birthday party!
Throw an Ancient Egyptian birthday party fit for a pharaoh! Learn how to write in hieroglyphics and bead jewelry that can be taken home!
After Hours Birthday Party
- After Hours Birthday parties are held Fridays through Wednesdays 6-8 p.m. and include exclusive guided access to the museum when it is closed to the public.
- Guided activities for up to 60 guests.
- 2 hours of private party activities with an energetic, friendly museum educator.
- Price: $550 (Member $500).
- Friday & Saturday: +$100.
- $100 nonrefundable deposit due at time of reservation.
After Hours Party Activities (Choose up to 4)
Discovery Basecamp Exploration with Bonehunter’s Quarry
Earth Theater Viewing of Dinosaur-Themed Video
Private Gaming Session in Earth Theater
Land Before Laser Tag
Luminescent Dance Party
Live Animal Encounter
Cake and Snack Time
Enhance your party with an add-on.
- Invite a dinosaur to your birthday party! Meet Spiny, a friendly, yet realistic looking 15-foot-long interactive Spinosaurus puppet!
+$250 for a full show
+$150 for a meet and greet
- Meet an alligator, a snake, and more with a private live animal show for your group!
- Want more museum fun? Book the museum for a sleepover birthday party and spend the night making memories with help from our experienced and enthusiastic museum educators who will guide you through three hours of sleepover activities you choose!
Party guests are welcome to bring their own cake and ice cream or can choose from Carnegie Museum catering options. All food orders must be placed two weeks prior to event.
- Cake $40 per cake—9” wide x 3” high, and serves 20
Includes your choice of chocolate or vanilla cake with buttercream icing, dinosaur graphic, and “Happy Birthday” text.
$14 per pizza +$5 delivery fee
12” pizza cut into eight slices (cheese or pepperoni)
- A minimum of three adults are required for a group of 25 children.
- No balloons, pinatas, or decorations that must be taped to the wall are permitted.
- Additional guests can be added to the classic party for $10/person, up to a total of 35 people.
- Ask us about discounted member pricing.
Carnegie Museum of Natural History welcomes all visitors. We work to assist visitors with disabilities in obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, and in supporting equal access to services, programs, and activities.